What I liked:
- El Diablo was the BEST.
- Deadshot was pretty cool too.
- Harley was annoying at first, but she won me over by the end. Her outfit is still ridiculous tho.
- Katana was super cool, even if she did very little
- Amanda Waller is super great.
- Flagg turned out to be a far better character than I expected.
- LOTS OF COLOR YAY.
- It was fun.
What I did NOT like:
- The story was an absolute mess. Enchantress and her brother were really boring (if cool looking), their motives weren’t clear, and in general it felt incoherent.
- Jared Leto’s Joker is reeeaaaallly sub-par. I don’t know if it’s because Nicholson, Hammill and Ledger’s Jokers were too good, but this Joker is really bland and not really scary or funny.
- Too many characters and many of them don’t get to do much. Slipknot was cannon fodder, Captain Boomerang did NOTHING and had no depth aside from “token douchebag”, Katana didn’t do much (though I still liked her) and Killer Croc barely had moments.
- How Amanda Waller was forced into looking eeeeviiiilll (i.e. shooting her team), instead of being merely amoral and manipulative.
- The romanticization of the Joker and Harley scenes. Sure, WE know The Joker is on his “good days” in those scenes, Harley is in for suffering and their relationship is still at its core toxic and unhealthy, but how many young vieweres will miss the point?
- Aside from Waller, the women in general were too co-dependant. With Harley it’s understandable since it’s part of her story, but Katana crying over her dead husband and June depending too much on Flagg didn’t sit well with me.
- The soundtrack….the songs aren’t bad but please, use songs beyond “Hits Everyone Knows”.